About Woodland Country Day School
Woodland Country Day School offers prekindergarten and elementary students a solid foundation of basic skills and traditional values. Our small classes encourage a close relationship between students and faculty and foster a nurturing, supportive environment. Woodland offers a multi-faceted program, which helps young people reach their fullest potential.
When you select Woodland you are choosing:
- A safe environment in which each teacher knows students as individuals
- Academic rigor that does more than teach to the test
- A close-knit community of teachers, staff, and fellow parents encouraging students to aspire to their highest levels of achievement
- High expectations for each student’s success as well as moral and social responsibility
- An emphasis on developing the strong study skills needed for secondary and post-secondary education success
- An approach focused also on manners, respect, and courtesy along with core academics
- Academic and co-curricular programs developing student self-esteem, confidence, and leadership.
Woodland is accredited by the New Jersey Association of Independent Schools. We are also accredited by The Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Elementary and Secondary Schools.
Woodland Country Day School is a community of students, faculty, and parents working together to create the best possible environment for the intellectual, social, physical, and moral growth of its students. The academic expectations that we have established are challenging, but realistic. At all levels, students are grounded in a solid foundation of basic skills. The development of strong study skills which prepare students for secondary education is emphasized. Small classes encourage a close relationship between the students and faculty, and foster an environment of nurture and support.
Woodland offers a multi-faceted program which helps young people reach their fullest potential. The academic and co-curricular programs help students to develop self-esteem, confidence, responsibility, and leadership.
Enrollment is limited in numbers, but diverse in character. The school welcomes students from all ethnic, cultural and religious backgrounds, reflecting a cross-section of South Jersey communities that the school serves.
Parental involvement is considered an essential element in the education process and is highly valued and encouraged by the school. The resulting sense of community and cooperation among parents, students, and faculty provides strong support for the students as they encounter new ideas, skills, and challenges.